Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
The Role Purpose
The Account Manager (AM) at Peak will be responsible for serving as a primary contact for a set list of Peak’s larger, more strategic Customers. The AM will serve as a primary contact for the client focused on ongoing monitoring/optimization of the customers’ Peak instance. This will be done through world-class Customer engagements including Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Exec Briefings, Quarterly Success Plans, AI Benchmarking. The role will also be the primary owner of renewals and growth within our growing customer base as well as accurately forecasting the appropriate revenue numbers. The AM will work closely with other members of the Peak team (new business sales, professional services, marketing and product) to expand our footprint in named accounts and help them to successfully deploy AI across the enterprise. We are looking for Customer-first, commercially-minded individuals who have consistently delivered revenue retention and growth, who can reference strong customer relationships.
- Build and execute detailed Account plans and growth strategies
- Run and facilitate QBRs (and other customer events)
- Close renewals ahead of time
- Close new business (upsell/cross-sell) through excellent customer service
- Accelerate AI transformation following handover from Account Executives with support from Solution Engineering and Product Support
- Identify, establish contact and develop relationships with new stakeholders within existing accounts
- Act as a thought leader for your customers across all stakeholders, from end-users to c-suite executives and all inbetween
- Whitespace mapping across complex enterprises to understand where opportunities for Peak exist
- Work closely with the Marketing & Brand team to create compelling content to convert leads into opportunities and opportunities into revenue
- Develop and maintain a network of professional contacts and represent Peak at events
- Maintain knowledge of the market and analyse Peak’s key competitors to make recommendations on the implications for Peak
- Provide regular customer feedback to aid product development and marketing teams
Objectives / Outcomes / Measurement
- Hitting customer renewal (GRR) and customer growth (NRR) targets
- Successfully expanding into account whitespace - as measured by ARR and NRR
Alongside the Peak values (Smart, Curious, Driven, Responsible, Open) which necessarily underlie a character and personality fit for success at Peak we also appreciate some level 2 values that enable Account Managers to be excellent;
- Solution first mindset - uncertain, novel situations are the essence of being an account manager. It is critical to be able to understand a customer, internal stakeholder, market report, technical specification - do it quickly - and then turn that into an outcome.
- Acting with integrity at all times - customers trust us with their budget, their data and their time. For many it is the first time they have bought AI and almost 100% the first time they have worked with Peak. It is the right thing to do by our customers to treat them as we would like to be treated.
- Build relationships through contribution - when we understand and empathize with the customer we naturally want to help. We help by providing them quality that they can’t find anywhere else. By representing Peak and our product to create genuine alpha in their business.
- Commercially aware, personally sensitive - there is always an eye on making a deal, positioning Peak in the heart of the customer’s operations. But we recognize that we are nurturing a long term relationship.
- Clarity of vision - we know where we want to go with the customer, and we show them how to get there.
- Lean to lead through the good and bad - through thick and thin we are always the first to put up our hand and take responsibility and accountability. We represent our customers, our internal stakeholders and Peak.
What you will need to succeed:
- Extensive experience in strategic enterprise technology sales or high growth-oriented mid-market/enterprise account management
- Experience in a closely related technical field (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, ERP software, complex software implementations) is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in a quota carrying sales role with exceptional performance.
- Proven record of achieving/exceeding sales quota and market share goals
- Incredible communicator, capable of taking complex technical concepts and communicating them in a very simple, easy-to-understand manner.
- Ability to hold business and technology focused conversations with senior leadership teams and c-suite in large, complex, global Customer environments.
- Exceptional collaboration skills.
- Ability to work at pace and create compelling visual presentations.
- Great analytical skills and the ability to tell a story through data.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Direct access to a GP as well as mental health support including counselling, through WeCare, for your partner and children.
- Subsidised gym membership, Peak run club and online yoga, boxing and HIIT classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.