Pendo is seeking a hardworking, driven, and dynamic individual to join our Subscription Success team. At Pendo, renewals are at the heart of our success as a company, and as a Scale Account Manager, you will be an integral part of driving performance in our company’s core business strategy by focusing on renewing our relationships with customers and ensuring they have the subscription they need to achieve positive business outcomes.
A renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough moment to celebrate and reflect on the past while also plan for the future. You will partner with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure value is realized and that our customers are set up for continued success with their subscription.
To succeed on our team, you will need strong sales, operations, and analytical skills, as well as drive and discipline to lead, forecast, and execute on your pipeline with high efficiency. This is a quota carrying position.
- Develop deep expertise and understanding of Pendo’s products, GTM strategy, and standards for pricing and negotiating renewals and expansion.
- Research customer contracts and purchasing history in order to build timely and accurate quotes for renewals within your book of business.
- Manage your opportunity pipeline from week to week, providing accurate and timely forecasts to management.
- Attain quarterly targets for bookings in your book of business, on-time renewals, and overall critical renewal and expansion metrics.
- Increase penetration in your book of business through existing product portfolio and new offers.
- Participate in account reviews and planning.
- Manage the transaction process from quote through PO.
- Handle billing disputes and questions.
- Identify when technical guidance might be needed to secure a renewal.
- Understand customer procurement process.
- Work cross-functionally to develop renewal and expansion strategy and execution plans.
- 3+ years experience in an Account Management position or related function (e.g. growth and retention) that includes direct customer interaction
- Strong contract negotiation skills with the ability to discuss and close multi-year deals
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills
- Experience territory planning and researching customer value prop
- Technology sales experience in a subscription model environment, with a proven track record
- Competency with sales pipeline management and CRM tools, including salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Approaches work with empathy and a creative, problem-solving mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle conflict
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Extraordinary time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Treats work like a craft, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.