The Director of Customer Success & Services is a highly driven, results-oriented, and people first leader who will both drive excellence in execution while building the foundation for growth for Pendo customers. As a leader within the International Customer Success and Services team, you should be authentic, empathetic, strategic-minded, organized, commercially-minded, and inspirational as a mentor/coach. You will help the Pendo Success and Services team scale processes and customer centric strategies that guide and maintain Pendo’s growth goals. As a manager you will help foster a healthy and scalable culture rooted in Pendo core values.
You will be tasked with ensuring customers accomplish their goals and effectively recognize and communicate the value Pendo brings to their organization. Through collaboration with your team, peers and organizational stakeholders, you will build a strong operational foundation with effective engagement strategies that drive ongoing adoption, mature client relationships, and foster customer advocacy. This role will require a consultative and holistic approach to the customer lifecycle, managing priorities in a hypergrowth environment, navigating a diverse customer portfolio, and ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Manage and grow a high performing Success and Services team - develop, lead and coach with a strong focus on team and individual development, organizational metrics and scorecard results.
- Contribute as a key member of the regional team to inform regional strategy, driving pragmatic, short & medium term successes that support the long term strategic vision.
- Partner with Peers across the organization - North America Success & Services, Sales, Product leadership - to learn and influence positive outcomes for our customers.
- Develop customer engagement strategies, and ensure the team is engaging strategically with customers and help prioritize activities that drive adoption, value and advocacy.
- Monitor and forecast retention on a monthly basis, observing key trends and holding the team accountable for engagement outcomes, retention targets and customer growth.
- Provide analytics and reporting including forecasting, pipeline analysis, quarter and year-end reports, board slides, performance to quota, and customer risk & health
- Serve as an Executive Sponsor for strategic customers, and enable your team to build and nurture relationships across the customer’s ecosystem to solidify partnerships and create opportunities for expansion.
- Collaborate closely with Success Operations, Enablement partners and other product, sales, and marketing stakeholders to strengthen operational components around retention insights, renewals motions, and customer health and adoption metrics and tools.
- Own and evolve the customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion with an emphasis on defining and demonstrating value to grow net revenue retention.
- You have a minimum of 5+ years experience of people management in customer success, account or technical account management within a SaaS company
- Strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering revenue numbers, producing accurate forecasts, while maintaining a focus on customer health management, gross retention, expansion and advocacy.
- You have built a high-performing team at an early/mid-stage SaaS company, with demonstrable history of developing individual contributors and people managers
- Operationally-focused and adept at connecting and communicating trends cross-functionally with clear metrics, feedback, stories
- Demonstrated experience managing and negotiating with both Mid-Market and Enterprise companies and stakeholders, including a strong ability to build and maintain C-Level and executive relationships.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to balance a bias to act while maintaining strong cross-functional relationships
- Proven track record of overachievement, innovation, leading change, and creativity in solving company and team challenges
- You exemplify strong technical competence and passion for B2B SaaS
- Demonstrated success in building and/or scaling a Services or Customer Engagement function in a large enterprise leveraging strong inter and intra-team change management, alignment, & collaboration
- You are an entrepreneur at heart with a growth mindset, and you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, startup environment; demonstrated ability to adapt and lead in a high growth environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in London is £90K - £115K Base + 20% annual bonus
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.